Today is Random Acts of Kindness Day, which has been celebrated for over 20 years across the globe and serves as a great reminder for us all to try and connect with each other more often through kindness.
There is no limit on the amount of goodness we can put into the world, and we wanted to take the opportunity to share with you some of our favourite ideas. Random acts of kindness can make a big difference to someone’s day, or even their life so why not get involved and do something kind today!
Here are 5 random acts of kindness you can do to put a smile on someone’s face.
1. Host a fun dinner for friends and / or family. Or you could drop round and deliver a home-cooked meal to a loved one or neighbour, maybe because they are going through a hard time, or just because you want to show how much you appreciate them.
2. Next time you visit the supermarket, you could buy a little extra and donate to the food bank. Most supermarkets will have these available in store.
3. Reach out and text or call that friend that you haven’t spoken to in a while and see how they are
4. Take 5 minutes to write a letter or card and mail it to someone who isn’t expecting it as the act of receiving a physical card still has a big impact. Take a look at our thank you cards for some ideas on what you could send a friend, colleague, neighbour or loved one https://danilo.com/collections/invitation-thank-you-cards.
5. You could also give a little gift to someone whether it is a bunch of flowers or a gift hamper, as it will be sure to make them smile and feel appreciated.