1) 75% of our products are produced in the UK which is up from 60% in 2016. We're now looking to increase this even more & reduce our carbon emissions
2) To reduce our energy consumption by 30%
3) Taking the lead and inspiration from our license partner BBC Earth, we aim to minimise our waste by reduction, re-use and recycling methods. We recycle all products remaining at the end of the calendar seasonOur BBC Earth 2021 calendar and diary range, including this Seven World One Planet 2020-2021 mid year academic diary below, has been designed to be eco-friendly. The products are printed using FSC certified paper, there is no shrink wrap covering and products can be recycled
4) We are working hard with our industry partners to combine our resources and continue to find plastic-free alternatives. All our products will be plastic free by 2021
5) To remove all glitter and non-recyclable finishes from our ongoing greetings card ranges6) We've already removed cello wrapping from 85% of our greetings card ranges including this stunning Harry Potter Hogwarts Express Birthday Card, and we plan to increase this to 100% by 2021
8) 99% of all our products are made from FSC accredited paper but we will ensure that 100% is by 2021
9) We are currently adding approved recycling labels and instructions to our products this year so that customers and retailers are clear on how to dispose of product once used
10) We will also continue to study present industry issues that prevent sustainable practices and work with our partners to overcome these barriers.
With your valuable support, we are committed to working towards improving our sustainable performance and protecting the environment for generations to come.